Active Sen are looking for a support worker.
This role is to be working with a boy who is of 15 years of age, he has autism and epilepsy. He is very active and likes to be outside most of the time playing footballs, walking etc.
This is an amazing role to take on for someone, it is very rewarding role working with the boy. Also, it comes along with flexible hours and a competitive rate.
The role of the support worker:
- Support the child in their learning
- Make sure to create a fun and safe environment for the child
- To make sure the child is occupied at all times
- Make sure the child is always supervised
- Carry out basic learning tasks with the child
Some of the things you may be doing:
- You may be asked to take the child out which could include taking to a local park, taking him to his swimming lessons, playings sports like football/ basketball with him
- Support in the home will be to make sure the child is safe and under supervision at all times while mother gets some well deserved respite.
- This could include things like reading a book to him, playing indoor games/ activities, supporting him with some basic learning etc
- Main aim of support is to allow mother some time to rest
What you will need to do for this role:
- A online DBS
- Experience with sen
- Previous experience working as a support worker
If you meet these requirements and this role meets your criteria then please do not hesitate to apply!
Active Recruitment SEN LTD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously the Criminal Records Bureau) and at least two independent references. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.