Active SEN are looking for a 1:1 support worker role.
This is to be working with a child who has a range of SEN, the child is very active and loves to be doing something physical mostly all the time.
This is a very rewarding role working with this child, also with this comes very flexible hours and a very competitive rate to go along with this.
What the role of the support worker is:
- Help the student with their work
- To make sure the child is occupied at all times
- Make sure the child is always supervised
- Carry out basic learning tasks with the child
Some of the things you may be doing:
- You may be asked to take the child out which could include taking to a local park, taking him to his swimming lessons, playings sports like football/ basketball with him
- Support in the home will be to make sure the child is safe and under supervision at all times while mother gets some well deserved respite.
- This could include things like reading a book to him, playing indoor games/ activities, supporting him with some basic learning etc
- Main aim of support is to allow mother some time to rest
What you will need for this tole:
- A DBS that is online
- Previous experience working as a support worker
- Previous experience working with SEN
- Any other sen qualification are an advantage as well
If you meet these requirements and this role meets your criteria then please do not hesitate to apply!
Active Recruitment SEN LTD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously the Criminal Records Bureau) and at least two independent references. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.