Active Sen are looking for a SENCO.
This role will be working in a AP (alternative provision), these are students have been taken out of a main stream setting as they cannot cope due to having SEMH (social emotional mental health or other circumstances in their life. These students are aged between key stage 2 – 5.
This is one of the top schools for students with SEMH, they have achieved an outstanding on their Ofsted report, alongside this they have built an amazing reputation for themselves.
The school offer an amazing rate and full time hours Monday – Friday 8.30am – 4pm also, they give great support to both their students and staff. This is why we are looking for someone who will be committed to both the school and the students.
The role of a SENCO:
- To work collaboratively with the Inclusion Manager and team to ensure staff adhere to the schools Safeguarding/Child Protection Procedures
- To promote the interests of and ensure the safety and well-being of pupils through overseeing the delivery of a high standard of pastoral provision at all times.
- To work collaboratively with the clinical and inclusion team to develop appropriate strategies on a whole school, class and individual basis
- To coordinate and oversee all annual reviews and to chair meetings
- To ensure that staff have an understanding of all pupils’ EHCPs and IEBPs
- Supporting staff within the classroom in the delivery of interventions to support the EHCP
- Monitoring teaching quality and pupil achievement with the Deputy Headteacher
- Overseeing the assessment of learning needs, production of baseline assessments and individual target setting
What you will need for this role
- A online DBS
- Previous teaching experience
- Previous SENCO experience
- NASENCO – or SENCO accreditation
- A QTS
- Previous experience working within a AP setting
- Previous experience working with SEMH
- Any other sen certificate will be an advantage
If you think that you meet these criteria’s and it matching your expectations then please do not hesitate to apply.
Active Recruitment SEN LTD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously the Criminal Records Bureau) and at least two independent references. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.