Active Sen are looking for a sen teacher.
This is is to be working within a team to give the best possible education possible to a girl who is 8 years old, and has a high level spinal cord injury and hypoxic brain injury.
This will be working with a team that will consist of a nurse, a therapist and a teaching assistant. You will be working together to ensure the best possible education to the child. This role is perfect for someone who works well in a team and is eager to learn more.
We are looking for someone who will be confident in their teaching, also you will have to be patient, understanding and compassionate as you will encounter a variety of challenges. This is why it is important you can react and use your initiative and experience in working in a SEN environment. We are looking for a candidate to work part time during school hours: 2.5 hours teaching, 3 days a week and 3 hours of planning time per week.
The role of the Sen Teacher:
· Prepare engaging and appropriate lessons for our client.
· Deliver interesting and suitable lessons.
· Plan for time the TA is with our client outside of your teaching time.
· Working with the therapy team to assist with therapy programmes (Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Speech and Language Therapist and Music Therapist)
· Maintaining good records and record keeping
· Assist with eye gaze technology (AAC)
What you will need for this role:
· At least 3 years teaching experience
· A online DBS
· Strong communication and organisation skills
· Ability to problem solve and use initiative
· Confidence with computers/technology
· Ability to multi task
· Experience working with children with disabilities
· Experience in a similar role
· Experience with eye gaze technology (is an advantage)
· Experience working with therapists/therapy team (is an advantage)
you think that you meet these criteria’s and it matching your expectations then please do not hesitate to apply.
Active Recruitment SEN LTD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously the Criminal Records Bureau) and at least two independent references. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.